- 1 Are you sure that death is immanent?
- 2 Can the patient give consent to the treatment proposed?
- 3 Will the treatment reduce consciousness?
- 4 What effects will the treatment have, including the combined effects of the drugs proposed?
- 5 Will you assure that the patient will not experience thirst and can fluids be given by mouth or another way?
- 6 Will death be hastened by what is proposed?
You are here:
Now that the Liverpool Care Pathway is to be withdrawn here are some questions that relatives may wish ask doctors when individual care plans are being drawn up.